Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Term paper -#5

When I received my COR I look into my subjects to find out what subjects are new to me, and whew! there are lots of them including Biology, Chemistry and English2. As I concentrate my eyes to the last subject I wrote I then formulate a question in my mind ,"Now that I had passed my English1, what about English2? will I pass this subject?"

I asked my roommate who is older than me about this and she said " English2 will give you lots of write-ups to do such as writing an essay and most especially your term paper".After what I've heard from her I thought of something that would be a good to research about. Then I found myself interested about the chamorros or the people in Guam.However, when our professor told us that we should create titles that are related to our courses so that we would be practiced making a paper as a preparation when we will going to make our thesis.

My classmates went to the library to look for titles. As I scan a Biology book I read something about Jellyfish.I can't believe that some species of  it could be so deadly especially the Chironex fleckeri or commonly known as the Box jellyfish, and so that's the start!!! I formulate a title suitable about jellyfish.At first my title was rejected but then I told my professor about some characteristics of this jellyfish which can be good to research about.

As I wrote the body of my paper I find difficulty on how to make it longer because I have a limited outline.So, I look for more informations that could be fit to the body. I researched about them from different books as well as in the internet.At my surprised Box jellyfish are deadly creatures,they're the one which kills a number of people in Australia .As a result I love doing my paper already.

I defended my term paper in front of my classmates and I felt so nervous!!!! after explaining to them about the mechanisms of the Box jellyfish, they asked me some questions. Luckily I was able to answer them without any hesitation.Because of that they rated me as what they think I should have...YEHEY!!! A great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment